Lings revamps showroom to bring Hyundai in house
- Credit: supplied
Lings Motor Group has refurbished it Lowestoft headquarters to bring its newest brand, Hyundai, into the showroom complex.
Lings has completely revamped the interior of its Lowestoft headquarters to bring Hyundai, its latest franchise, into the modern showroom area.
The multi-franchise Riverside Road dealership acquired the Hyundai franchise last year and the sales and service team had been working from the former Dingles outbuilding up to and while construction work was under way on the full Lings Hyundai dealership in its huge motor group headquarter 100 yards away.
Now the work is complete and the Hyundai range of cars has moved into the purpose-built showroom which it shares with Honda and Mitsubishi cars as well as Honda, Husqvarna and Triumph motorcycles. It is also the UK base of operations for Hein Gericke motorcycle gear and clothing and the site is home to MotorLings used car brand.
General manager Daniel Lake said the showroom had been completely refurbished inside and made more open plan with glass partitions to create dedicated areas for each car franchise.
The Hyundai section of the showroom has space for eight cars so the whole range of Hyundai new and used vehicles will be available – from the commuter-friendly i10 and i20 range to the seven-seater Santa Fe and hi-tech Ioniq range of electric and hybrid vehicles – along with a fully-fledged Hyundai manufacturer-certified aftersales department.
The work has taken a total of six weeks and the showroom is now fully operational. The final element, the new Hyundai signage on the outside of the building, should be fitted by the end of the month in time for the official opening of the new-look showroom, which also had extensive work after being flooded in a tidal surge in December 2013.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 9 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
Mr Lake said: 'It was almost going back to post flood when we had to rebuild the interior of the showroom. It was that much upheaval but we carried on business as usual.
'We operated all the way through the work even though it was a little bit cramped.'
Visit Lings at Lings Wharf, Riverside Road, Lowestoft, call 01502 537444 or log on to www.lings.com