Lines between Norwich and London Liverpool Street re-open after person hit by train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Lines between Norwich and London Liverpool Street have re-opened after a person was hit by a train.
Greater Anglia said a person had been hit by a train between Shenfield and Witham.
All trains were stopped from about 4pm while emergency services attended.
As of 5.35pm, trains were running again between London Liverpool Street and Colchester, Clacton, Ipswich and Norwich, but with delays and alterations.
The rail operator said train services running through the stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 70 minutes or revised.
You may also want to watch:
They said the disruption was expected to continue until 8pm.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray