Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after death of 60-year-old who fell down stairs
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman died having fallen down the stairs.
Linda Rainey, 60, from Harley Road in Great Yarmouth, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Monday, August 5, with serious head injuries after falling down the stairs and died in hospital on Wednesday, August 7.
The East of England Ambulance Service had been called to an address in South Market Road at around 11.40pm.
According to a police spokesman, officers treated the death as suspicious after receiving 'significant' information from a member of the public on Saturday, August 10.
A man and woman, both in their 50s and known to Ms Rainey, were arrested on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The man has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Both are in custody as of Monday evening.
A Home Office post-mortem examination was due to take place to establish the cause of death on Monday, (August 12).