Lightning causes train cancellations from Norwich to Ely, Sheringham, Lowestoft and Yarmouth
- Credit: PA
Services between Norwich and Sheringham, Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth could be disrupted for the rest of the day.
Lightning strikes have damaged the signalling equipment at various locations between Norwich and Brundall / Ely.
The overhead wires have also been damaged between Norwich and Diss.
As a consequence, there is disruption to all services to and from Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The following changes will apply:
Trains between Norwich and Sheringham may be delayed by up to 60 minutes or cancelled
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
Trains between Norwich and Lowestoft may be delayed by up to 60 minutes or cancelled
Trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth may be delayed by up to 60 minutes or cancelled
Trains cannot run between Norwich and Cambridge, a limited bus service will run between these stations
Trains cannot run between Norwich and Diss
Advice for train passengers
For journeys between Norwich and Sheringham
Tickets will be accepted on the following local bus routes operated by Sanders Coaches:
5 between Sheringham and North Walsham via Cromer
10/X11 between Wroxham and Norwich
44, X44 between Sheringham / Cromer and Norwich
X55 between North Walsham and Norwich
For journeys between Norwich and Lowestoft/Great Yarmouth
Tickets will be accepted on the following local bus routes operated by First Bus:
X1 and X11 between Norwich and Great Yarmouth via Acle
X1 between Norwich and Lowestoft via Acle and Great Yarmouth
X2 X22 between Norwich and Lowestoft
12 between Norwich and Wroxham
For journeys to Cambridge
Ticket will be accepted on the following local bus routes operated by First Bus:
13 / 13A / 13B / 13 / C / X13 between Norwich and Attleborough
14 / 15 /15A between Norwich and Wymondham
East Midlands Trains customers can use Greater Anglia services to and from London Liverpool Street, to connect with London Underground trains at London St Pancras International and London Euston.
Services are available between London St Pancras International and Nottingham / Sheffield.
Services are available between London Euston and Manchester / Liverpool Lime Street.