Lighting up the stage at Old Buckenham Village Hall
New stage lighting infrastructure and curtaining have been installed at a village hall, raising the facilities to an impressive standard with modern digital technology.
Funding of �11,000 was raised for the improvements at Old Buckenham Village Hall, and, to celebrate, Old Buckenham Players held a free evening of Light Entertainment last month, including comic sketches, songs and radio plays by local writers.
Jill Emms, village hall secretary and treasurer, said: 'This upgrade will benefit all groups who use the hall, young and old, and help to maintain the hall as a centre for village activities.'
Laurence Barnett, chairman of Old Buckenham Players, added: 'The new infrastructure will enable us to continue to provide high-quality, local drama and attract new members.'
The project was initiated two years ago when it was realised that the analogue lighting system was becoming obsolete and needed to be updated.
The players and the Village Hall Committee joined forces in searching out grant funding as well as raising money themselves. The project cost almost �11,000 and funding from Breckland District Council of �2,950 and Norfolk Community Foundation of �1,800 enabled success. The players and village hall had raised about �6,000 by raiding their own funds, hosting special events and by using all the proceeds of the 2011 village fete.
To find out more about the players, call Laurence Barnett on 01953 451267. To find out more about the hall, call Jill Emms on 01953 860551.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Pensioner jailed for five years for child sex assaults
- 6 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 7 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
- 10 Hospital reports 10 deaths of people with Covid in two days