Lifetime EDP readers celebrate 65th wedding anniversary
A Norfolk couple spent boxing day celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary with those nearest and dearest to them.
Keith and Rosemary Hodgkin married at Ormesby Parish Church on December, 26, 1953.
Mrs Hodgkin, 83, a farmers daughter from South Walsham, has lived in Norfolk all her life.
Originally from Derbyshire, her husband moved to Great Yarmouth with his family after the war.
Following marriage the couple moved to Hopton where Keith started farming.
You may also want to watch:
A move to Browston followed shortly afterwards.
The couple have three children, Kevin, Karon and Deborah and seven grandchildren.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
They have both played at Gorleston Golf Club for more than fifty years with Mrs Hodgkin having been both the ladies captain and president.
Mr Hodgkin also continues to pursue his love of wildlife.
Mrs Hodgkin remembers reading the EDP at home from a young age and it has since been the couple's daily paper.
The couple were sent a congratulatory message from the Queen to mark the occasion.