Lifeboat team called out to aid kite surfer off Heacham Beach
A lifeboat team was called out to a report of a kite surfer in trouble off Heacham Beach, Hunstanton this morning.
Hunstanton volunteer crew of the Spirit of West Norfolk who were out on exercise diverted to the area at around 10.45am and found the kite minus the owner.
A search for the man was carried out in the area spanning out from the position of the kite. Attention was drawn to a person waving on the shoreline, crew made contact with him and it was confirmed that this was the person who had been in trouble, crew then recovered his kite.
The local coast guard team gave the casualty a lift back to Hunstanton Sailing Club as he was in a state of exhaustion.
Spirit of West Norfolk was released to return to station at 11.20 am
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of the nearby Lifestyles extreme sports festival said the man had been taking part in a festival event.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns