Lifeboat crew called to rescue kite surfer
- Credit: Ian Burt
A lifeboat crew were called out to help a kite surfer off the Norfolk coast.
It happened around 3pm yesterday (Saturday) off Hunstanton when the crew at Hunstanton Lifeboat were asked by Humber Coastguard to assist with a kite surfer in trouble.
When the crew arrived they discovered a paddle boarder had helped the kite surfer back to the beach and he was being looked after by the local Coastguard.
However his board was still at sea so the lifeboat crew searched the area, recovered the board, and returned it to the boathouse.
The kite surfer, from the Cambridge area, did not require medical attention.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?