Lifeboat launched to search for person ‘seen entering the sea’
- Credit: Archant
A lifeboat was launched to search for a person who was 'seen to be entering the sea' off the Norfolk coast.
The Sheringham Lifeboat was tasked by Humber Coastguard to undertake a search for a person who was seen to be entering the sea just off Beeston Hill, to the east of Sheringham.
Following the call, which came at just before 6pm on Sunday (June 23), the Lifeboat attended the scene and following discussions with HM Coastguard undertook a search as far as East Runton where nothing was found.
A further search was requested by HM Coastguard but again nothing was found.
Eventually, after a "very thorough search", the lifeboat was stood down and returned to station at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
*Hunstanton Lifeboat Spirit of West Norfolk spent three hours carrying out a search on Saturday night after UK Coastguard received reports of a red distress flare fired in Boston area.
The crew searched an area including the rivers Welland and Witham but nothing was found.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich