Lifeboat launched after vessel seen travelling without lights on
- Credit: Archant
Hemsby Lifeboat was launched on Sunday night after reports that a cruiser was sailing the Broads with no navigational lights.
Crew members attended the scene at Barton Turf after receiving an alert at 7.40pm from Humber Coastguard.
The boat was not spotted, but a number of children were seen on the water without lifejackets.
Coxswain Daniel Hurd said: 'There were a lot of vessels down there so there would have been a high risk of collision.
'If you are hiring a boat take on board safety advice.
You may also want to watch:
'There were also a lot of youngsters with no safety jackets - we see that all the time and it is crazy.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises