Lifeboat fete to raise funds for lifesaving work
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk lifeboat station will host a day of charity events to raise money for its work.
The event 'Lifeboat Day' will take place at Happisburgh Lifeboat Station on Sunday, August 4 between 12pm - 4pm.
Attractions at the event include a barbecue, cakes, teas, games, a raffle and a tombola.
The event will give people the chance to meet the lifeboat crew, lifeguards, coastguard, then watch displays by lifeboats.
It will also give people an insight into the work volunteers at Happisburgh RNLI do.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Happisburgh Lifeboat Station said: "The charity welcomes people from all walks of life and no previous sea-going experience is needed to join the lifeboat crew.
"If you are aged 17 or over, physically fit, work or live within 10 minutes of the lifeboat station and eager to join a lifesaving organisation then please come by and say hello on Lifeboat Day."
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation