Lifeboat called by coastguard after upturned canoe is found in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A coastguard team and lifeboat crew were called after an upturned canoe was washed up in Great Yarmouth.
Just before 7.30pm last night (Friday), the HM Coastguard Gorleston team were sent to investigate the canoe – which was found on South Denes near the Pleasure Beach.
The team carried out a search of the beach area before the Gorleston ILB was called at about 8.30pm.
The Great Yarmouth & Gorleston Lifeboat Facebook page said: 'The ILB searched extensively from the outer harbour to the Wellington Pier but no casualties were found.'
A coastguard spokesman added: 'It is hoped that this has been abandoned and the owner is safe and well.
'If you know who this belongs to please contact Humber Coastguard or Norfolk Police to rule out a missing person.
'The canoe has been recovered by the team and is being kept for safe keeping until the owner can be traced.'
- 1 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 2 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 6 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 7 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 9 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 10 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment