Lifeboat called after yacht loses engine power near Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft RNLI lifeboat was called to help a yacht which had suffered engine failure.
Just after 7pm last night (Tuesday), the crew helped a solo sailor on board the 28 foot yacht named Nautilus – which was making its final approach to Lowestoft Harbour before losing engine power.
A spokesman for the lifeboat said: 'It was struggling to make headway against the tide.
A wind farm vessel named Iceni Conquest, which was in the area, stood by the helpless yacht until the lifeboat arrived and towed the craft into the safety of the harbour.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party