Lifeboat crew called out to missing person and stricken fishing boat
- Credit: Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat
A lifeboat crew on the Norfolk coast has been called out twice today.
The first call to Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat came at 3.33am when they were launched to help search for a missing vunerable person.
The crew searched from the south pier at Gorleston to Hopton Holiday Park, where they were joined by Lowestoft Lifeboat which had searched from the south.
The crew then carried out a 'repeat search' south before being stood down.
It is understood the missing person has since been found safe.
You may also want to watch:
The lifeboat was then launched again at 1.12pm, when a fishing boat with four people on board was stranded due to a gearbox failure.
The lifeboat towed the vessel back to its berth at Great Yarmouth.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace