Life-saving call! RNLI search for volunteers to take on ‘exhilarating and rewarding’ roles at Happisburgh
- Credit: Archant
Life-saving volunteers are needed at the RNLI in Happisburgh.
Two recruitment open days will be held at the lifeboat station in Cart Gap Road, Happisburgh between 10am and 2pm on Saturday, March 18 and between 6pm and 8pm Tuesday, March 28.
People from all walks of life are needed to help crew the lifeboats, assist with launch and recovery when the team goes out on service, and work in the shop.
Charlotte Siely, one of the helms at Happisburgh, said: 'Only 10pc of the RNLI's new recruits come with professional maritime experience. We are looking for anyone aged 17 years and over who is living or working within 10 minutes of the lifeboat station.
'You need to be willing to volunteer some of your free time to join, which is what I believe to be one of the most exhilarating and rewarding voluntary services that is out there.'
You may also want to watch:
If you can't make either event, call the station on 07901 891647.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor