Life-saving call! RNLI search for volunteers to take on ‘exhilarating and rewarding’ roles at Happisburgh
- Credit: Archant
Life-saving volunteers are needed at the RNLI in Happisburgh.
Two recruitment open days will be held at the lifeboat station in Cart Gap Road, Happisburgh between 10am and 2pm on Saturday, March 18 and between 6pm and 8pm Tuesday, March 28.
People from all walks of life are needed to help crew the lifeboats, assist with launch and recovery when the team goes out on service, and work in the shop.
Charlotte Siely, one of the helms at Happisburgh, said: 'Only 10pc of the RNLI's new recruits come with professional maritime experience. We are looking for anyone aged 17 years and over who is living or working within 10 minutes of the lifeboat station.
'You need to be willing to volunteer some of your free time to join, which is what I believe to be one of the most exhilarating and rewarding voluntary services that is out there.'
You may also want to watch:
If you can't make either event, call the station on 07901 891647.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death