Lidl announces plans to open new multi-million pound store in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
A major supermarket chain has announced plans to open a new store in Beccles.
Lidl UK will be holding a public consultation day to outline its plans for a new store on Common Lane North.
The proposed multi-million pound investment will see Lidl commit to building a sustainable store with plans to create up to 40 new jobs. The supermarket will boast state of the art facilities including an in-store bakery, longer-style tills with dual packing facilities, customer toilets and parking for cars and bicycles.
Lidl UK's regional head of property, Colin Rimmer, said: 'We are extremely excited about the prospect of opening a Lidl in Beccles and serving our fresh, quality and incredibly good value produce which shoppers across the country have come to love. We look forward to welcoming anyone along to the public consultation day and showcasing our plans whilst answering any questions.'
The consultation event will be held at The Waveney House Hotel on November 1 between 2.30pm and 6.30pm, and members of the public are invited along to ask questions and comment on the plans.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to Lidl's dedicated property team and planning consultants, corporate property management, development and investment firm JLL will be on hand to outline the supermarkets plans for the new store.
The planned store in Beccles will add to Lidl's existing store portfolio of 670, and will form part of the company's growth plans which hope to it open between 50 to 60 stores a year.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
The company hopes to submit a planning application in November.
To share your feedback on the plans, visit www.beccles.lidl.co.uk
• What do you think? Does Beccles need another supermarket? Email email@example.com or write to Beccles and Bungay Journal, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles, NR34 9TB.