Warning over possible delays as roads are closed this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that delays are likely this weekend as two busy roads are closed.
Level crossing upgrade works are set to be carried out by Network Rail to the Oulton Broad North level crossing.
With the works taking place between 11pm on Saturday, March 16 to 8pm on Sunday, March 17, it means that Bridge Road and Commodore Road in Oulton Broad will be closed, with diversions put in place,
Rail passengers are also reminded that Greater Anglia will not operate its regular services on both Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17, to allow Network Rail to continue improvement works on the Wherry Lines.
There will instead be a rail replacement bus services running between Norwich and Great Yarmouth, and Norwich and Lowestoft on Saturday and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The lines will reopen as normal on Monday.
Traffic in the area has already been suffering in recent days due to 'major maintenance works' on Bridge Road, as Suffolk Highways complete barrier installation and hydraulic work at the Mutford Lock road bridge.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17