LETTERS: Protest voters ‘fooled’ despite strong message to government
- Credit: Archant
I would like to take this moment to thank everyone who gave their support in my election bid to stand again in the local elections on May 2 2019.
Unfortunately, it was not meant to be this time round.
I have, over the past 26 years, enjoyed my term in office, service all of the communities in the whole of the then-Waveney District Council, now known as East Suffolk Council.
The decision made was a strong message to the government on Brexit.
Regrettably, everyone who made their protest have been fooled.
You may also want to watch:
The fact is there will be no change. The councillors will have no power to move forward and change the Brexit vote.
All this protest vote has done is allowed me to get my life back and now I am able to officially begin a life in retirement.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy