Let’s be ‘avin a pizza! Store’s new Delia-inspired dish
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
As a celebrity chef, Delia Smith has become more than used to seeing her face on the front of books about food.
However, this is probably one of the few times her face has appeared on the actual food itself.
The new Asda store on Hall Road, Norwich, has created a pizza dedicated to the Norwich City director; complete with her face styled from the toppings.
The portrait was made using black olives, ham, tomato puree and sweetcorn to create the smiling face seen so often on television and in the stands at Carrow Road.
Yellow and green peppers were then added to give the customised pizza a Norwich City flavour, completing the bizarre creation.
The pizza was created to celebrate the store's new pizza counter, part of the new 37,000sq ft site, which gives customers the opportunity to create their own mixture of toppings.
Store manager Dave Lennox said: 'It was great fun to create a piece of food art, which depicted one of the city's biggest food icons.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 6 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 7 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
The pizza is set to be raffled off for charity.
Do you have a story about an outrageous food creation? Call David Hannant on 01603 693892.