Moped thieves taught a lesson through boxing
Two teenage moped thieves in Great Yarmouth have been given a second chance by the man that caught them, who is hoping boxing will set them on the straight and narrow.
Leon Docwra’s daughter had her moped stolen on Saturday and he shared a picture of it on Facebook in the hope of tracking it down.
The post was shared widely and Mr Docwra was able to trace the thieves. He subsequently posted his number online and asked for those responsible to contact him.
One of the parents called Mr Docwra, who said that he would not go to the police if they returned the moped and met him for a boxing session.
Mr Docwra said: “They were very respectful and very remorseful for what they did.
You may also want to watch:
“I gave them a boxing training session with sprints and proper beasted them until they could hardly breathe. They’ve now joined a boxing club which is giving them a direction in life, where before they were going down a route where they’ll end up with handcuffs on them.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats