Lemon Day is celebrated by all at Wymondham community centre
- Credit: Ian Burt
All things lemon was the order of the day at a community centre in Wymondham as a celebration of the colour, taste and fruit was held.
Today the town's annual Lemon Day was held at North Wymondham Community Centre to coincide with and to help boost its indoor market.
To help promote the event and market a distinctive yellow 2CV Citron called Tipsy Lily was parked up outside the building in Lime Tree Avenue.
The car belonged to Brian and Sylvia Bishop, from Hethersett, and it was the third time the colourful vehicle had been the mascot for Lemon Day.
The centre has been holding an indoor market since late summer as a way of getting the community more involved with the building.
You may also want to watch:
Norman Illsley, member of the centre's committee, said that about 100 people had attended the market, the most in its short history.
Other events on Lemon Day included a free children's lemon trail in the abbey and free raffles run by several of the town centre shops, of which some had decorated windows to reflect the theme.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
This year Lemon Day has been revamped with a new overall event called Lemon Zest, organised by Tony Vale.
As part of Lemon Zest, Star Throwers, the Wymondham cancer care charity, are holding a coffee morning from 10.30am 1pm on Wednesday, November 9, at its Melton Road centre.
Mr Vale said a fun activity day at Wymondham Leisure Centre on Saturday, 12 November between 11am and 3pm has been timed to coincide with Lemon Zest.
The Lemon-themed activities will conclude with the town's farmers' market on November 19.