Lecture on rural education at Blakeney Area Historical Society’s next meeting
A University of East Anglia research associate and historian will be discussing the role of rural education in Norfolk at the next Blakeney Area Historical Society meeting.
Dr Susanna Wade Martins will discuss the results of her research, which is based on findings from between 1820 and 1940.
John Peake, of the Society, said: 'Susanna always delivers really interesting lectures on fascinating topics and this one should be no exception. I'm hoping to see a packed room, all keen to hear about her research.'
The lecture, 'City Clerks or Ploughboys', will take place at the Harbour Room, High Street, Blakeney, starting at 7.30pm on Tuesday November 27.
There is an entrance fee of �2 for members and �3 for visitors. Refreshments will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
? For more information visit www.history-blakeney-area.org.uk
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146