Leave your tributes to Lowestoft firefighter Alan Soards
A 38-year-old Lowestoft firefighter has died during a training exercise at the Lee Valley White Water Centre in Waltham Cross.
Alan Soards, from the Lowestoft South fire station, was taken ill while he was in the water on a fire service water rescue training course at the Station Road centre.
Suffolk's chief fire officer Andy Fry said: 'This is a very, very sad time for everyone concerned with Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
'Alan was taking part in a routine exercise in the water when he became unwell - it's a tragedy.'
An investigation is today underway in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Please leave your tributes to Mr Soards in the comments section below.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden