Learn how to be a signalman at North Norfolk Railway
- Credit: Archant
More signalling experience days will be held by North Norfolk Railway (NNR) next year.
The NNR held the last of its seven 2017 signalling experience days in September.
Each day offered two participants the opportunity to try their hand at signalling for real, supervised by a signalling inspector, at Holt signal box.
A visit to Weybourne or Sheringham signal box was also included in the day.
Andrew Munden, NNR's general manager, said: 'The NNR received extremely positive feedback from all the participants and, as a result, is planning to run an expanded series of days in 2018.
'In addition, several of the participants have now volunteered to train as signalmen, and will be joining our next signalling training course starting in December.'
The NNR operates steam and diesel heritage services between Sheringham and Holt via Weybourne.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 8 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 9 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
The signalling experience days are bookable by calling the general office on 01263 820800.