Learn how to be a signalman at North Norfolk Railway
- Credit: Archant
More signalling experience days will be held by North Norfolk Railway (NNR) next year.
The NNR held the last of its seven 2017 signalling experience days in September.
Each day offered two participants the opportunity to try their hand at signalling for real, supervised by a signalling inspector, at Holt signal box.
A visit to Weybourne or Sheringham signal box was also included in the day.
Andrew Munden, NNR's general manager, said: 'The NNR received extremely positive feedback from all the participants and, as a result, is planning to run an expanded series of days in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
'In addition, several of the participants have now volunteered to train as signalmen, and will be joining our next signalling training course starting in December.'
The NNR operates steam and diesel heritage services between Sheringham and Holt via Weybourne.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
The signalling experience days are bookable by calling the general office on 01263 820800.