Leanne Mitchell races up the charts after winning BBC One’s The Voice
Singer Leanne Mitchell has been crowned winner of BBC One talent show The Voice – and her single has already reached the top 20 in the pop download charts.
The 28-year-old from Oulton Broad appeared stunned when the result of the public vote was announced on Saturday night.
Leanne, whose prize was a deal with US record company Universal, said she 'couldn't take it all in at the moment.'
She added: 'I think every time I was getting a stage closer, it was another shock.
'I just wanted to try and savour it and enjoy the night and not let nerves get in the way too much.'
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the support from her family, she said it was emotional performing her final song as her husband, Rob Hurren, 31, watched in the audience.
Leanne beat Tyler James, mentored by Will.i.am, and Bo Bruce, mentored by Danny O'Donoghue, while Vince Kidd, coached by Jessie J, was eliminated earlier in the show.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
Leanne's mentor Sir Tom Jones said: 'This confirms that there is justice in this world.'
Leanne, who is also a voice coach at a theatre company based at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton, was still a pupil at Benjamin Britten High School, in Lowestoft, when she started performing at Potters at the age of 15.
By yesterday afternoon, her single, a cover of Whitney Houston's Run To You, had reached number 12 in the iTunes pop singles' chart. It is believed she will now sign a �500,000 recording contract with Universal.