Launch event kickstarts three weeks of activities to showcase the Broads
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A festival celebrating the best of the Broads starts this weekend.
The seventh Broads Outdoors Festival takes place from April 30 to May 21, with nearly 100 activities celebrating the Broads National Park.
The official launch of the festival took place at the Waveney River Centre yesterday.
Jacquie Burgess, from the Broads Authority said: 'It has been great watching how the festival has grown over the years. It is a special place and it offers many opportunities for local people and visitors to get their own special experiences from the Broads.
With more than a quarter of the rarest wildlife in the UK, 300 kilometres of footpaths and 122 miles of rivers the park provides something for everyone who loves to get out and about, on land or water.
You may also want to watch:
The first event on Sunday will be the Tour De Broads South.
To see a full programme of events visit www.visitthebroads.co.uk/outdoors-festival
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden