Launch event kickstarts three weeks of activities to showcase the Broads
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A festival celebrating the best of the Broads starts this weekend.
The seventh Broads Outdoors Festival takes place from April 30 to May 21, with nearly 100 activities celebrating the Broads National Park.
The official launch of the festival took place at the Waveney River Centre yesterday.
Jacquie Burgess, from the Broads Authority said: 'It has been great watching how the festival has grown over the years. It is a special place and it offers many opportunities for local people and visitors to get their own special experiences from the Broads.
With more than a quarter of the rarest wildlife in the UK, 300 kilometres of footpaths and 122 miles of rivers the park provides something for everyone who loves to get out and about, on land or water.
You may also want to watch:
The first event on Sunday will be the Tour De Broads South.
To see a full programme of events visit www.visitthebroads.co.uk/outdoors-festival
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships