WATCH: People of Norwich try Laughter Yoga for the first time
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new type of yoga is taking Norwich by storm.
Laughter Yoga launched in Norwich on Monday, March 19 and lots of people turned up to try out the playful child-like activities and breathing techniques intended to make people laugh like never before.
Launched by Mr Dod, aka Kévin d'Odémont, the idea was originally developed by Indian physician Madan Kataria in 1995.
You won't find any of the traditional stretches or poses in this class, 'Downward Facing Dog' and 'Tree' are replaced with actions such as sharing a phone call and mixing a drink.
Mr Dod said: 'Laughter Yoga is very exciting for Norwich, it's a unique concept where you do not need jokes to laugh.
You may also want to watch:
'Not only do you burn calories with this class, but it's also good for stress relief and will make you more confident and focused!'
• Laughter Yoga takes place at City Academy Norwich on Monday evening from 7pm and costs £6.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack