Latitude Festival rape case dropped

POLICE have confirmed that they will take no further action against a 24-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of rape at this year's Latitude Festival.

The alleged incident happened on a staff campsite in the early hours of Sunday, July 17.

A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers had carried out a comprehensive investigation into what happened, including interviewing the 20-year-old woman who made the allegation, the man alleged to have raped her - who gave an account that the incident had been consensual - and friends and associates.

'There is insufficient evidence to proceed with any criminal charges and the 24-year-old man has been released from his bail arrangements,' she said.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter