Last guided walk in Great Yarmouth will tour the Minster graveyard
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The last Guided Heritage Walk in Great Yarmouth will take place on Sunday, October 29.
Every year, Great Yarmouth Borough Council runs a programme of Guided Heritage Walks to historic buildings and other places of interest, led by fully-trained volunteer heritage guides.
The last walk will be Gravestones and Tombstones of the Minster, led by Len Vincent, which is an opportunity to tour the graveyard at the Minster, England's largest parish church, and find out about the characters laid to rest next to the Medieval Town Wall.
Pre-book by calling the Tourist Information Centre on 01493 846346. Tickets, which include refreshments, are £6.50 for adults and £4.50 for children aged seven to 16.
Details of the walk are available at www.heritage-walks.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Private group walks or guided tours are available throughout the year by calling 01493 846344.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer