Last free fireworks display of the season to take place in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The last free fireworks of the summer season in Great Yarmouth are taking place tonight.
The displays began six weeks ago and have been a major draw for tourists, day trippers and locals alike during the main holiday season.
A spokesman for Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area (GYTABIA) said the fire works are planned to go ahead, despite the wet weather.
There is live entertainment at the Sealife Centre Gardens from 8pm, seafront attractions are open late and the fireworks begin at 10pm – with grandstand views from the Esplanade and piers.
There have also been weekly displays at Hemsby, which came to an end on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
The fireworks at Great Yarmouth and at nearby Hemsby are funded by the GYTABIA as part of its drive to attract more tourists.
GYTABIA also supported the fireworks at Gorleston Clifftop Festival in July.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools