Last chance to nominate your stars of the Norfolk arts world
Time is running out for people to put forward their stars of Norfolk's arts world for a special award.
The EDP People's Choice Award, part of the Norfolk Arts Awards in October, aims to give our readers the chance to honour their cultural champions – but people need to submit nominations quickly as the deadline is tomorrow.
The entire spectrum of the arts is eligible for the award with people able to highlight everything from their favourite theatre to their best band to their most inspiring dance teacher.
Last year the Norfolk and Norwich Festival was the EDP People's Choice Award winner, and this year the prize has been split into three categories - best individual, best small organisation and best large organisation.
Peter Beck, Norfolk Arts Awards founder, said they had already received lots of nominations, and he encouraged even more people to submit entries as he said they hoped to hear about as many arts champions as possible. Once nominations close, the top 10 will be announced in the paper and put up for a public vote online. The winners will be revealed at the Norfolk Arts Awards at Norwich Cathedral's Hostry on October 26.
You may also want to watch:
The event is part of the Hostry Festival which this year is from October 24 to November 3.
People can submit EDP People's Choice Awards nominations until tomorrow at www.norfolkartsawards.com For more about this year's Hostry Festival visit www.hostryfestival.org
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 8 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace