Largest annual fundraiser for Norfolk Churches Trust opens
- Credit: Chris Inglis
People from around Norfolk are being encouraged to hop on two wheels and explore Norfolk's historic churches as part of the annual Bike, Ride and Drive fundraiser from the Norfolk Churches Trust.
Held on September 9, the largest annual fundraising event for the trust is free to sign up and anyone of all ages can take part. Those taking part are encouraged to collect sponsors for every church they visit and are also able to make a one off donation if they wish.
Organiser Charles Inglis said: 'With over 600 Medieval churches open on the day there is something to be discovered in every church and some lovely countryside to travel through in between.'
The person who raises the most on the day will be awarded a certificate signed by the Trust's patron, HRH The Prince of Wales.
More details can be found at norfolkchurchestrust.org.uk/bike-ride/.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17