Large police presence on Norfolk’s east coast as National Crime Agency-led operation gets underway
- Credit: IAN BURT
Norfolk police confirmed it has deployed officers at three locations along Norfolk's east coast as part of an on-going operation.
A spokesman for the force said the National Crime Agency was taking the lead on the operation, but did not give any further details.
Police are currently at Hopton, Caister and Hembsy.
A lifeboat has also been launched from Gorleston, but a spokesman for the coastguard said he was unable to comment further.
More details to follow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city