Large police presence on Norfolk’s east coast as National Crime Agency-led operation gets underway
- Credit: IAN BURT
Norfolk police confirmed it has deployed officers at three locations along Norfolk's east coast as part of an on-going operation.
A spokesman for the force said the National Crime Agency was taking the lead on the operation, but did not give any further details.
Police are currently at Hopton, Caister and Hembsy.
A lifeboat has also been launched from Gorleston, but a spokesman for the coastguard said he was unable to comment further.
More details to follow.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup