Hay stack in west Norfolk still blazing after 10 hours
- Credit: Toni Ball
Fire crews attended a blaze between Walpolce Cross Keys and Terrington St Clement.
The fire started at around 1.30am this morning, October 10, in Sutton Road.
A tall stack of hay bales had caught fire and is still being put out by the crews.
Crews described it as "a large fire", with locals advised to close all doors and windows and avoid the area.
Police from King's Lynn are also on the scene.
The road is still closed in both directions and has been since the emergency services arrived.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer