Large fire at salvage yard
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters remain on the scene of a large blaze at a salvage yard.
The fire broke out at the facility on Sandy Lane, Hockering, between Dereham and Norwich, just after 9pm on Thursday, August 22.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service control room operator described the incident as a "large fire".
She said six crews from Earlham, Dereham, Reepham, Watton and Hingham were called to tackle the blaze.
A water carrier from Hethersett and control unit from Wymondham also attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The control room operator said no other emergency services had been alerted to the fire.
Norfolk Fire Service advised people to avoid the area and keep windows and doors shut in the vicinity of the blaze.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk