Laptop containing university dissertation stolen from car at Foxley Wood, near Dereham
An Apple Mac laptop containing a university dissertation was stolen from a car at Foxley Wood at the weekend.
The silver computer, along with a Hewlett Packard dark grey laptop, was taken from the back seat of the blue Volkswagen Polo between 11.30am and 2pm on Saturday after thieves smashed a back window.
On the Apple Mac was a dissertation written by Susie Hewitt, 22, from Cambridge, who is in her final year of a fashion and communication degree at the University of Birmingham.
She was due to hand in the piece of work this week and was taking pictures in Foxley Wood as part of her final project when the computers were stolen.
As well as the dissertation, the Apple Mac contained software worth �3,000.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Hewitt's future mother-in-law, Alison Wareham, from Cambridge, said: 'She is just distraught. She hasn't slept. She can't replace what she has lost. She has worked so hard on the dissertation and it means nothing to the thieves.'
Mrs Wareham added she was offering a �500 reward to anyone who finds the computer.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
Any witnesses to the theft should call PC Darren Wynne at Dereham police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.