Langley pupils ready to take to the O2 Arena stage for performance
- Credit: Submitted
Pupils from a Norfolk preparatory school are preparing to get into full voice, to take part in one of the largest school choir concerts in the world.
On January 27, Langley Preparatory School pupils will step onto a stage more used to the likes of Sir Paul McCartney and Adele when they perform at London's O2 Arena.
The school will be part of the Young Voices event, a huge choir concert that will see more than 8,000 school children singing and dancing together in harmony.
The performance comes 12 months after the school performed with 6,000 other children at Birmingham's LG Arena, as part of the Young Voices tour, which saw schools sing alongside such artists as Gary Barlow and Katherine Jenkins.
Anne Berry-Smith, music teacher at the school, said: 'Last year, the power of singing and dancing together as one, with accompaniment from a diverse range of musicians and artists, created a breath-taking concert.
'Pupils and teachers at Langley Prep School are very excited about the 2016 tour, and we are working hard to master the 12 difficult songs, which involve various actions and intricate dances.'
The children have been making special banners ahead of the concert.
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 7 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
The following night, pupils will perform again, staying over night in London before travelling to St Francis' College in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire.