Langley Preparatory School pupils prepare to lap their school field to back Race for Life
- Credit: Submitted
A local preparatory school is to hold a special event to show its support for Cancer Research UK.
Pupils at Langley Preparatory School will do their bit to support the charity's annual Race for Life school programmes, to raise funds to support the work the charity does.
Throughout the day next Friday, pupils will be running laps of the school's playing fields, with children also arriving to school in pink and blue accessories.
Even nursery pupils will take part in the day, with children from across Langley's age groups completing different length runs staggered across the day,
Marie Hood, head of games and PE at Langley Preparatory School, said: 'Our youngsters are the generation that could see ground-breaking treatments and cures for cancer in their lifetime. They are the young warriors who could be the researchers and life-savers of tomorrow.
'By uniting together and taking part in Langley Prep School's Race for Life they will help to raise much needed funds to fight against cancer and will therefore be doing something very special indeed.
'Race for Life is a great addition to the school timetable. We are really looking forward to taking part and have been training during lunchtimes and PE lessons.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
'The whole school is supporting the event so it will be a real team effort and a great day out for parents, pupils and staff, all whilst raising money for a seriously good cause.'
•To sponsor the pupils, visit the school's JustGiving page