Lakenham building evacuated due to ‘nasty smell’
- Credit: Archant
Five people were evacuated from a building on Queens Road, Lakenham, this morning, after Norfolk Fire and Rescue received reports of 'a nasty smell'.
Appliances from Carrow, Earlham, Sprowston and Great Yarmouth were sent to the business building to deal with what was suspected to be a hazardous material incident, but, in fact, turned out to be a faulty light fitting.
Fire fighters were called to the scene at 8.33am, arriving at 8:42am. They used thermal image cameras to check the premises for hot spots, before leaving the scene at 9.01am.