Ladies Day at Fakenham Racecourse - are you in our picture gallery?
Hats and heels replaced waxed cotton and green wellies as Ladies Day got under starter's orders at Fakenham races.
Thousands streamed through the gates of the north Norfolk course this afternoon, as the bookies eyed up the opposition.
While some studied form, circling likely contenders on their race cards before placing their bets, others admitted to a less scientific approach, as the corks popped and the picnic rugs were unfurled along the side rails.
'This is my first time here but it won't be the last, it's great fun,' said businesswoman Hetti Simpson, who had brought along 10 colleagues from her Wells-based Norfolk Hideaways holiday lettings firm.
'It's an excuse to get everyone together, drink pink champagne and bet on horses we know nothing about. It's awesome.'
You may also want to watch:
The event was the third ladies day to be held at the course.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions