Ladies Day at Fakenham Racecourse - are you in our picture gallery?
Hats and heels replaced waxed cotton and green wellies as Ladies Day got under starter's orders at Fakenham races.
Thousands streamed through the gates of the north Norfolk course this afternoon, as the bookies eyed up the opposition.
While some studied form, circling likely contenders on their race cards before placing their bets, others admitted to a less scientific approach, as the corks popped and the picnic rugs were unfurled along the side rails.
'This is my first time here but it won't be the last, it's great fun,' said businesswoman Hetti Simpson, who had brought along 10 colleagues from her Wells-based Norfolk Hideaways holiday lettings firm.
'It's an excuse to get everyone together, drink pink champagne and bet on horses we know nothing about. It's awesome.'
You may also want to watch:
The event was the third ladies day to be held at the course.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk