Two teddy bears removed from Labrador’s stomach
- Credit: Archant
A naughty dog was left feeling stuffed after biting off more than he could chew - a pair of soft toys.
Labrador retriever Charlie was taken to the vet when his owners suspected he had digested something he should not have.
And they were right - for an x-ray eventually showed he had swallowed two teddies, which were chewed up and clogging up his stomach.
The dog was brought into Taverham Vets as he kept vomiting.
Initial x-rays taken at the vet showed Charlie's stomach was full of food and he was admitted for overnight care and given medication to help stop the vomiting.
You may also want to watch:
However, Charlie continued to vomit despite treatment and a repeat x-ray showed his stomach was still full despite the fact he had not eaten for 36 hours.
The decision was made to take Charlie into surgery.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
A spokesman for Taverham Vets said: 'Vet Alice performed the surgery and found Charlie's stomach was full of chewed up teddy bear toys, two in total.'
Charlie is now fully recovered and home with his owners.