Two teddy bears removed from Labrador’s stomach
PUBLISHED: 15:43 02 November 2018 | UPDATED: 16:55 02 November 2018
A naughty dog was left feeling stuffed after biting off more than he could chew - a pair of soft toys.
Labrador retriever Charlie was taken to the vet when his owners suspected he had digested something he should not have.
And they were right - for an x-ray eventually showed he had swallowed two teddies, which were chewed up and clogging up his stomach.
The dog was brought into Taverham Vets as he kept vomiting.
Initial x-rays taken at the vet showed Charlie’s stomach was full of food and he was admitted for overnight care and given medication to help stop the vomiting.
However, Charlie continued to vomit despite treatment and a repeat x-ray showed his stomach was still full despite the fact he had not eaten for 36 hours.
The decision was made to take Charlie into surgery.
A spokesman for Taverham Vets said: “Vet Alice performed the surgery and found Charlie’s stomach was full of chewed up teddy bear toys, two in total.”
Charlie is now fully recovered and home with his owners.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.