‘Inconsiderate parking’ sees bus stuck in Norwich for four hours
- Credit: Archant
A rush-hour bus in Norwich was stuck for four hours after it was unable to get around 'inconsiderate parking'.
Konectbus tweeted on Thursday morning to say the 7.37am 50A service from Mousehold Heath would be delayed because of the difficulties.
They said it was unable to 'get between parked cars on Gertrude Road', but assured passengers it would make it to its next stop as soon as possible.
But they tweeted again at 10.30am to say they were still unable to get around the road because of 'inconsiderate parking', which was also affecting the stops at the bottom of Silver Road.
At 11.30am - four hours later - they said the cars had moved and offered 'sincere apologies' to those affected.
• Check our live traffic map before you travel here.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you been affected by parking in Norwich? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car