Knife throwing, parachuting and air displays - What to expect at this year’s Holkham Country Fair
- Credit: Archant
With thousands of people expected to attend, the Holkham Country Fair will be one of Norfolk's biggest events of the year and organisers have now unveiled the massive line-up of performances that people can expect to see.
The performances and displays that will take to the event space known as the Grand Ring, on July 22 and 23, combine traditional countryside activities with dramatic first-time performances.
The Royal British Legion's Jump4Heroes team will mark the opening of the event by performing a parachute display and this will be followed by traditional countryside activities, including a Gamegoer Gundog Display and Allcomers' Dog Racing.
Across both days visitors can watch as Dzhigitovka, a group of Cossack warriors, demonstrate their skills with the Shashka sword, knife throwing and pistol shooting, all while on the back of galloping horses.
In the skies above the fair World War II aircraft, including a Spitfire, Hurricane and Dakota will take part in a Battle of Britain memorial fly-by.
You may also want to watch:
And the RAF's involvement will continue on the final day with the iconic Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, taking to the skies to demonstrate their speed and agility with a trademark display of close formations and precision flying.
Sarah Green, organiser of the fair, said: 'The Grand Ring is the heart of the Fair and I'm thrilled to be able to showcase a number of new additions to this year's line-up of attractions. It's important we encourage new visitors to the event and I am confident this year's line-up will have a wide ranging appeal.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
'The Red Arrows for example, always attract a big crowd so we're delighted to have secured a display for the Sunday.'
She added: 'Holkham Country Fair is all about being accessible and enjoyable for everyone so we're really looking forward to welcoming visitors and families to the event. It's a great Grand Ring line-up bursting with some serious talent accompanied with lots of other things going on around Holkham Hall. It's simply not to be missed'
Tickets are available to purchase online and day tickets will also be available to buy on the gate.
For more information or to book tickets visit the Country Fair website.