Knife found: Police arrest man in Diss after finding him carrying big blade
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested by on-beat police after he was found carrying a knife with a blade more than three inches long.
South Norfolk Police reported the arrest happened in Diss last night.
An officer posted on Twitter at 4.16am today (Saturday, April 22): 'Officers on patrol in Diss arrested a Male after he was found carrying this lock knife in public.'
A photo shows that the whole knife is about 5.5in long (19cm) and the blade is more than three inches.
Lock knives have blades that can be folded into the handle and locked and refolded only by pressing a button.
They are not classed as folding knives and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.
It is also illegal to carry any other knife in public without good reason - unless it is a knife with a folding blade three inches long (7.62cm) or less.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is four years in prison and an unlimited fine.