‘I really quite like this county’ - Ed Sheeran’s advice leads Game of Thrones star to new Suffolk home
- Credit: PA
Kit Harington, better known as Jon Snow has praised fellow star Ed Sheeran for giving him the idea to move to Suffolk.
The Game of Thrones star admitted in an interview on BBC Radio Suffolk, that Ed Sheeran persuaded him to live in the county while he was on a quest to find a new home.
Harington, who grew up in Worcestershire, now lives in central Suffolk in a property worth a reported £1.75 million.
He said: 'I've had a place in Suffolk for about a year and a half now. I love the county.
'I'm friends with Ed [Sheeran] and it was Ed who said to me why don't you go and have a look in my county. I did and I ended up there.
You may also want to watch:
'I was looking all over for a place. I looked in many different areas of the country. I was actually looking in Norfolk and then I kept driving through Suffolk and thinking, I really quite like this county.
'So I found my own little spot in the county of Suffolk and I'm now a Suffolk boy. I love it. It is really special to me.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
Harington appeared on the radio show to talk about his stage appearance in 'True West', a fast paced dark comedy at the Vaudeville Theatre in London.
He also spoke about the final series of Game of Thrones which is going to air in April.