Man’s body found in boating lake at park
- Credit: Archant
A body has been recovered from a boating lake in a popular park.
Emergency services were called to Kirkley Fen Park, in Lowestoft, at 12.25pm on Tuesday, March 3, following reports of a body in the water.
Officers from Suffolk Police cordoned off the park while the body of a man was recovered.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: "Police can confirm a body has been recovered from water in Lowestoft.
"Officers received a call at about 12.25pm to reports that a member of the public had spotted a man in water at Kirkley Fen Park.
You may also want to watch:
"The death at this stage is being treated as unexplained but is not believed to be suspicious."
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance service said: "Two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle were sent to Fen Park, Southwell Road, Lowestoft shortly before 12.30pm today, following reports of a man in the water.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 10 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
"Sadly, despite the best efforts of all involved, the patient had died at the scene."
Emergency services have since left the scene, with the park reopening to the public.
In a statement on Facebook, a spokesperson for community group Fen Park Friends said: "We are aware of an incident within the park. The park is open now."