Care home hopes for a bloomin’ marvellous day with flower celebration
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a East Anglian care home will be getting green fingered as they take part in a host of activities for International Flower Day.
Villagers are invited to join staff and residents at The Depperhaugh Care Home, in Chickering Road, Hoxne, near Eye, for an open house event on January 19, from 2.30pm to 4.30pm.
Staff are banishing winter from the home by filling it with bright flowers supplied by florists from the surrounding area.
There will be a host of expert demonstrations of flower arranging and residents will be able to make their own floral creations.
Afternoon tea with homemade cakes and scones will be served.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Maxine Smith will be on hand to talk about care and provide a tour of the 19th century home.
She said: 'We will brighten your day by sending you home with a beautiful rose.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
For more information call 01379384236.