Woman’s body found in river
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman has been found in a river in King’s Lynn.
Emergency services were called to the riverbank of the River Ouse off Clockcase Lane, Clenchwarton, at around 10.40am.
From there, the focus of the operation moved to South Quay, on the Lynn side of the river, near the magistrates’ courts and Marriott’s Warehouse.
MORE - Major incident closes King’s Lynn waterfrontPolice later confirmed they recovered the body of a woman.
A statement from Norfolk Police said: “Officers in King’s Lynn were called at 10.39am this morning to a concern for safety and recovered the body of a woman.
“Police are treating the death as unexplained and making enquiries around identification.
You may also want to watch:
“A post-mortem examination will take place in due course to establish the cause of death.”
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance service said: “An ambulance, an ambulance officer vehicle and four Hazardous Area Response Team vehicles were called to Docks Cross Bank Road, Port Of King’s Lynn shortly before 11am this morning following reports of a woman in the water.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
“Sadly, despite the best efforts of all involved including Police and Coastguard colleagues, the woman had died.”