Woman’s body found in river
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman has been found in a river in King’s Lynn.
Emergency services were called to the riverbank of the River Ouse off Clockcase Lane, Clenchwarton, at around 10.40am.
From there, the focus of the operation moved to South Quay, on the Lynn side of the river, near the magistrates’ courts and Marriott’s Warehouse.
MORE - Major incident closes King’s Lynn waterfrontPolice later confirmed they recovered the body of a woman.
A statement from Norfolk Police said: “Officers in King’s Lynn were called at 10.39am this morning to a concern for safety and recovered the body of a woman.
“Police are treating the death as unexplained and making enquiries around identification.
You may also want to watch:
“A post-mortem examination will take place in due course to establish the cause of death.”
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance service said: “An ambulance, an ambulance officer vehicle and four Hazardous Area Response Team vehicles were called to Docks Cross Bank Road, Port Of King’s Lynn shortly before 11am this morning following reports of a woman in the water.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
“Sadly, despite the best efforts of all involved including Police and Coastguard colleagues, the woman had died.”