Classic car rally to raise money for volunteer doctors and paramedics
- Credit: Carole Offer
A popular classic cars event is set to return this summer which is hoped to raise thousands for its new chosen charity.
Entries are now open for the King's Lynn Motor Club's annual car rally taking place on Sunday, July 8.
The 50-mile route will take entrants along a variety of roads and scenic countryside, which will begin in Beveridge Way, Hardwick Narrows, with the lunch halt at Hockwold Hall and the finish line Kentwell Hall, Long Melford, near Bury St Edmunds.
There will be classes for pre-1950 cars, historic classics (1950-1967), post-historic classics (1968-1983) and modern classics (1984-2003). There are awards for each class and for the car of the day, all judged by fellow competitors and also one for the most appropriately dressed crew.
This year the event will be run in aid of the Norfolk Accident Rescue Service, which provides help at the scene of serious road crashes and other life-threatening medical emergencies.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesman added: 'The doctors and paramedics are all volunteers and have the training to provide specialised trauma care at the scene.
'This organisation has no government funding and relies on public donations to keep it running.'
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 10 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
For entry forms, contact Adrian Cunnington on 01775 761520 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will close on Monday, June 25.