Classic car rally to raise money for volunteer doctors and paramedics
- Credit: Carole Offer
A popular classic cars event is set to return this summer which is hoped to raise thousands for its new chosen charity.
Entries are now open for the King's Lynn Motor Club's annual car rally taking place on Sunday, July 8.
The 50-mile route will take entrants along a variety of roads and scenic countryside, which will begin in Beveridge Way, Hardwick Narrows, with the lunch halt at Hockwold Hall and the finish line Kentwell Hall, Long Melford, near Bury St Edmunds.
There will be classes for pre-1950 cars, historic classics (1950-1967), post-historic classics (1968-1983) and modern classics (1984-2003). There are awards for each class and for the car of the day, all judged by fellow competitors and also one for the most appropriately dressed crew.
This year the event will be run in aid of the Norfolk Accident Rescue Service, which provides help at the scene of serious road crashes and other life-threatening medical emergencies.
A club spokesman added: 'The doctors and paramedics are all volunteers and have the training to provide specialised trauma care at the scene.
'This organisation has no government funding and relies on public donations to keep it running.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 7 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
For entry forms, contact Adrian Cunnington on 01775 761520 or email@example.com. Entries will close on Monday, June 25.